urbanspoon

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon

Saturday, October 10, 2009

october 10th.

well, today is my dad's birthday, 58 if i'm not mistaken. i know this might be all over fb and twitter, but it's a big deal for me. sometimes i dont know what to think. it's always sad for me to think about it, the fact that my dad is gone and was not in my life for 17 years. the first 2.5 years does not count at all since i do not remember anything at all! sometimes i ask God why he had to take him away so early. why cancer? why? there are so many things that i do not understand when it comes to this. it is not fair. but life is not fair is it?

well i've been getting good at letting go of the past. my dad is one of them. the positive way of thinking about this is: I'm glad God took him away to be with Him, instead of living here being in pain and suffering. i guess it was time.
i'm glad i had that 2.5 years with him before he left us. i feel bad for my sister, who barely spent time with him, 4 months... i wonder how she feels. i dont ask because it's not the subject that i want to bring up and talk about... i know we are both sensitive people... so yea.
the only thing i can do now is to pray for blessings and grace, and hope that God and my dad and my grandmas are looking after me and the rest of the family.

well i cant forget about my dad's twin! it's his birthday too. hope he's doing well.
it's sad because i dont talk to my dad's side of the family often. i dont know why. maybe because i didnt grow up with them, which makes sense cuz dad wasnt here... but now i'm beginning to not talk to my mom's side either. i guess when you grow up you tend to grow far apart from your family... maybe it's just me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD & UNCLE PHU!

No comments:

Post a Comment