urbanspoon

Portland restaurants on Urbanspoon

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The 7th of November

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/new_york_i_love_you_poster.jpghttp://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/newyorkiloveyou.jpg
So I want to get one of these posters for my wall collection! haha. my wall is not empty no more! since my mom wont let me paint my walls, i'll put stuff on it. haha.

So this movie, NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU... is actually pretty good.
It wasnt straightforward and definitely not one story. It was more abstract and contained 11 different stories (segments).
  1. The Pickpocket scene with Hayden Christensen, Rachel Bilson, and Andy Garcia!
  2. The Ring/Wedding scene... with Natalie Portman and some indian guy... weird scene, cuz she had a weird intimate moment with that indian guy and she married... a different indian guy... hahah
  3. Music/Book scene w/ Orlando Bloom and the big eyes girl... uhhh i love him and his pants! but just him in general... haha. i dont care if he was living in a lame home or messy. he's still hot!
  4. Pickup Artist/Writer w/ Maggie Q and Ethan Hawke! he is so funny! i love this scene i laughed so much. and she is pretty damn hot! haha. she's getting a lil old though. but i loved her in NAKED WEAPON (good movie, i think it's rated R though.... hahah).
  5. Prom Night - the boy is the guy from star trek, with the funny accent... haha. this was pretty funny too. the belt and the tree branch... "make a wish" hahaha!!!
  6. One Night Stand scene which jumps back and forth with Bradley Cooper and this one lady... haha very.... sexy. i mean him. haha he has a nice bod!
  7. The Hotel scene with Shia La Beouf and this old woman - I do not get this segment at all! this was a pretty interesting scene in the movie. i need to go look this up. haha. i know its something about loneliness and stuff. but yea....
  8. The "Manny"? or the black father and white daughter - this was pretty sweet. i think. it sucks to be him though.
  9. Painter/Artist looking for inspiration? - this scene had ShuQi in it. and some random old man who likes to draw her... i cant believe what happened to him. but it was foreseen. so sad. you never know what would happen in life. the minute you see them, the next you might not! gotta cherish the people around you.
  10. Husband+Wife on a corner of a street pretending to be strangers so their love life would get/be more interesting? haha i guess that's what i got from it! gotta mix things around and be different. cant be bored... with the same thing...
  11. The Old couple! i think this was funnny too. and cute and sweet! *sigh* i wonder if i would be like this when im old and with my husband... haha it would be nice...
There were some transition stories like the guy with the complaining girlfriend, saying he never takes her anywhere! haha i think its cool how he bought her tickets to ROME! and first class - coach! haha.

But yea i think that was it... THis movie is a rendition of PARIS, JE T'AIME! In my perspective it is better than the Paris one. I fell asleep watching the paris one. but yes. i like this movie even though the reviews were bad. good thing i went to watch this. otherwise, i would have missed something coool about new york... it's one of the cities of love! hhaah common theme? i'd say trying to connect with people and finding love!

So other than this movie today, I went to see my dad. It has been awhile. almost a year. this time i didnt go by myself. i had my friends come with me. I'm glad they went. I never ask my friends to go with me cuz i feel weird asking them to go to a cemetery... it's not normal... haha my sister was like... why are you telling your friends to go? it's not like you're marrying them or anything! it's like meeting the parents.... what a lil nonsensical and senseless girl! anywho, it was awesome that they went even though it was pouring down rain and cold... they still went. it means a lot to me. they all know that when it comes to my father i get emotional about things haha. i was gonna do a speech today in front of them, like introducing everyone to my dad and vice versa. but i couldnt do it. i didnt want to break down in front of them. so i did it in my head. it was a lil funny. also, i didnt want to take long cuz again it was RAINING HARD! haha i got all wet... but i said a lot of things to dad. it helped me a lot. told him about my friends. prayed for them and yea... asked him to help me and guide me. show me the path that i need to go as if he was still here. i guess i'm still bitter about the fact that i never had a father or a father figure person in my life. i envy others who do and dont cherish it. but i guess that's how it is for everything, you dont appreciate the things you have until it's gone! i think this might be one reason why i try so hard to not lose things. like i try too hard to keep things right and good. like i dont want to lose my friends or my family. i've lost too many. and it hurts. maybe that's why i'm so weak when it comes to breaking up, moving away, etc... but anyways the point here is
i have good friends. hahah.

So we went Everywhere today to eat!
  1. MoJo crepes
  2. Gary's bakery?
  3. Elephant's Delicatessen
  4. Sansai? sushi place...
  5. Skinnidip!
  6. Pix!
What a day. eat too much. fatties we are. haha. fun times. it's always nice to hang out with my friends (for me).

Btw, if you've read my previous post (halloween one), i am sorry. for making you worry. about me. it was just a segment of my feelings. thoughts. stuff that is hard for me to say aloud. i will try to post happy stuff from now on. to prevent you, my friends, from worrying. about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment